Time is money in the competitive world of vehicle after-sales. Thus, boosting vehicle throughput has a favorable effect on the effectiveness of the shops. Otherwise, workshop waste causes businesses to collapse. Automobile repair shop software management can be helpful here, especially for auto shop owners looking to improve their operations.
Retention of customers is a positive factor for auto repair shops. It’s more difficult to keep clients in section two once the warranty has expired. Customers compare prices and convenience when shopping.
What steps can you take to improve your customer retention rates? Your business’s data from customer visits and conversation frequency are critical. Sort out your customer retention strategy, then provide a referral. Inventory management can help you keep track of customer preferences and trends.
Delivering a superior service experience is vital to customer retention in any auto repair business. This retention is directly correlated to ROI. It is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing one. An auto shop management software can streamline the service experience, ensuring customers are satisfied and likely to return.
In addition, achieving a 5% retainer boost can grow your business by 25-95%. Introducing additional auto repair shop management software in auto repair businesses has its benefits, particularly in enhancing customer management. It can help collect customer data and direct it to a central database for control and validation.
Holger Hedtke of Autohaus Hedtke, a German Volvo dealer in the automotive industry, described the benefits of auto repair shop management software in an interview. Some highlights of the experience are described below. If you are interested in reading the full article, download the white paper here:
What is an Auto Repair Shop Management Software?
It is helpful to review what an “auto repair shop management software” is before diving deeper into its features and benefits. The auto mechanics software inputs the complete end-to-end aftersales process for a seamless and paper-free operation, such as:
- Predictive marketing
- Customer service/booking
- Vehicle health inspections (precheck and PMS)
- Workshop loading & task assignment
- Maintenance schedules, Ops codes, and technician clocking
- Links to parts for pricing and inventory
- Online customer estimates
- Automated job progress (customer & internal notifications)
- Connects workshop equipment
- Connects technical publication platforms
- Customer portal
Converting these workflows from traditional paper to digital has many benefits. Real-time availability of technical and operational information is a click away. This gives the service management team the visibility and control to make the right decisions and save time.
The available data provides the technicians with a holistic view of the vehicle history and OE bulletins. This allows them to begin the triage, diagnosis, and treatment cycle efficiency and accurately.
Core Features of an Auto Repair Shop Management Software
Franchised dealers and independent auto repair shops will use different equipment. They will also have varying levels of expertise and access to manufacturer systems. There are standard features an AWMS should have to provide to the service teams and customers. Many features correlate to the tasks.
- Software user interface. Automotive Software should contain a simple but flexible user interface. It should allow the service team to quickly fulfill tasks and interface with the customer. The software should be able to run on both Windows and Android. This is to support hardware strategy and integration with third-party systems.
- Integration is key. There are many sources of data a service operation may need to operate effectively. These can include OE technical, warranty, and parts systems.
The mechanic shop management software will also need to connect with the ERP or DMS system. This is to help with invoicing and back office functions such as HR and Finance. This will eliminate double-keying and manual entry. It should be connected two-way and in real-time.
- Digital Aftersales Customer Journey. The auto repair shop management software should cover the main touchpoints of the customer journey from booking. These include service reception and drop-off to automated status updates through WhatsApp, SMS, or email.
In addition, an online digital health check report with the following information such as estimations, supporting imagery, video, and animation is helpful. It provides the customer with complete transparency and the ability to approve and pay online. Careful thought should also be given to available reports and a BI dashboard to stay on top of the business.
- Highly configurable. No two businesses are the same. The auto repair shop management software should be able to adapt to your standards and preferred workflows. Admin rights and the ability to tune the system should be readily available. This will allow for a high degree of autonomy and limit the need to rely on automotive mechanic software producers.
The auto repair software should be technologically stable. It should have the functionality to automate your workflows and remove repetitive tasks from the service team. Introducing algorithms and an AI-based approach saves significant time.
Added Benefits of an Intelligent Auto Repair Shop Management Software Solution
Like any software-enhanced process, assessing the ROI from implementing a new solution is critical. The white paper summarizes Autohaus Hedtke’s observed results:
- Reduced time – Hedtke estimated the technology saved 25% of working hours. Service reception and management teams saved time by automating repetitive and manual tasks.
- Increased efficiency – The shop realized a 10% efficiency improvement. The intelligent planning software reduced idle time and improved worker application.
As a result, the shop personnel can focus on categorizing customer experience and upsell communication and conversions. In addition, the customer experience can be more streamlined by automating the required workshop processes.
Management Software Pricing Models
Flexible pricing models are an additional advantage for business owners who adopt auto repair shop management software. Several vendors offer subscription options as businesses expand and evaluate the degree of software capacity.
Moreover, lifetime licenses are also available for businesses that know they need the product and have the resources to offer IT support.
Choosing the right auto repair management software can feel overwhelming. Knowing the possible and essential features the tool can provide is an effective way to determine which is most beneficial for your team and organization. It will also be helpful to read auto shop management software reviews to get insights from those who have experienced the software firsthand.
Furthermore, automating repetitive tasks humans tend to dislike can improve staff morale. It can also enhance the customer experience, higher upsell opportunities, and maximize profit. This is done through higher efficiency and throughput, reduced downtime, and vital customer retention.