Since 1989, Getac has been manufacturing rugged computers for some of the most demanding users in some of the most demanding environments. As one of the leading rugged computer manufacturers, Getac offers the most extensive rugged computing product lines including notebook, tablets and handheld computers.
Our products are found across the globe in a wide range of sectors from military and defense, law enforcement and public safety, utility, field service, oil and gas, telecommunications, transportation to manufacturing.
Getac has made several technological breakthroughs that improve the performance and safety of using computers in dangerous environments including:
1. QuadraClear™ sunlight readable display screens.
2. Night vision without goggles.
3, Advanced power saving technology.
4. Industry’s first resistive multi-touch display for use with gloves.
5. In January 2010, we shook up the industry by including a 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty on our fully rugged computers.
Today, we’ve welcomed several large customers into the Getac family:
– United States Air Force (USA) – B300
– Houston Police Department (USA) – B300
– Dutch Army (Netherlands) – V100
– South East Water (United Kingdom) – V200
– Surete du Quebec (Canada) – V100
– San Jose Police Department (USA) – B300
– Karntner State Forestry Agency (Austria) – PS535F
– Jenoptik AG (Germany) – E100
– Orlando Police Department (USA) – B300
– Veiligheidsregio IJsselland Fire Department (Netherlands) – V100
– The Berliner Wasserbetriebe (Germany – Berlin Water) – V200
– Alabama Gas Company (USA) – S400 / B300
– Heilongjiang Province Forestry Bureau (China) PS535F
– Austrian National Skijump Team (Austria) – B300
– Fraport AG (Germany – Frankfurt Airport) – E100
– Northeast Utilities (USA) – B300 / V100
– Scottish and Southern Energy (United Kingdom) – E100
– Florida Fish & Wildlife (USA) – V100 / V200 / S400
– Charleston County (USA) – B300 / S400 / V100
Getac was established in 1989 as a joint venture with GE Aerospace to supply defense electronic products. Apart from the rugged computing business, Getac is also involved with the design and manufacture of plastic and lightweight metal components. The acquisition of Waffer Technology in 2009 has made Getac the world’s third largest aluminum-magnesium alloy producer.
Getac is one of the key subsidiaries of MiTAC-Synnex Business Group, the third largest computing group in Taiwan with $40.0 billion dollars consolidated revenue in 2019 (USD).