Our goal is to be a happy enterprise that provides a safe workplace for our employees. We are committed to building a transparent and open corporate culture that emphasizes mutual trust and communication, that provides competitive salaries and benefits, complete education and training, and a safe and comfortable workplace that will make talented individuals want to stay with the company. Getac took substantive action to look after our employees and promote a positive feedback cycle of health. In addition, with the best employer awards from around the world and certification as a Healthy Workplace by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Getac was also recognized as a sports enterprise by the MOE Sports Administration in 2020. Getac is actively building a safe, healthy, happy, and vibrant workplace. We hope that every employee finds a healthy balance between work and life through their contributions.
Promotion of a Gender-Equal Workplace
Inviting More Outstanding Professional Women to Share Their Workplace Stories
To create a diverse and inclusive workplace in a traditionally male-dominated tech industry, Getac encourages women to pursue their career goals, unleash their talents, and make a difference.
We also realize that many professional women, beyond equal pay and benefits, also need role models to overcome the intangible constraints they face at work. Outstanding women are often forced to make important career choices on their own due to an entirely different set of pressures and expectations from men, yet have no role models to draw upon from their own life experience. We believe that more women can be inspired to break down the barriers and reach new heights if we can provide them with more success stories. The #SheShowsTheWay event was therefore held for 2020 International Women’s Day to share the growth experiences of Getac employees. We hoped that their stories will encourage more female employees and women interested in the tech industry to follow their dream.
Certification of a Healthy Workplace & Sports Enterprise
Adults spend one-third of their time at their workplace. Health and vigor are the key prerequisites for employee drive and morale. Getac takes concrete steps to care for employees and create a healthy workplace culture. In 2020, in addition to the healthy workplace certification awarded by the Health Promotion Administration of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, it has also been awarded the Sports Enterprise Certification by the Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education. Getac has developed a complete health strategy to build a healthy workplace culture involving data monitoring (regular health exams to obtain an accurate picture of employee health), follow-up education (improve health awareness among employees), cultivation of sports (promoting the habit of exercise) and cultivating a sense of accomplishment (participation in internal and external sporting competitions to build a sense of accomplishment in sports). At Getac, employees are encouraged to “embrace the challenge.” Healthy bodies are essential to better living.
Equality, Harmony & Care
- Workplace Harmony: With our people-centric approach, Getac endeavors to provide employees with a safe and friendly workplace. The company prohibits unequal treatment, discrimination, sexual harassment, and workplace bullying, and guarantees proper work hour management and protection of labor rights.
- Labor Practices: Employee work hour management and salary payments are in line with or better than regulatory standards and are subject to the inspection and supervision of competent authorities.
- Protect labor rights: Getac's production bases have all established union groups or labor-management meetings in accordance with national laws, in order to promote formal dialogs between employers and employees through a collective bargaining mechanism. Around 82.82% of Getac employees are currently covered by collective agreements.
- Equal Job & Promotion Opportunities: With respect to employment and promotion, we hope to being fairness and objectivity, taking into consideration individual competence, diversity, and localization when hiring or recruiting talented individuals. We also promote local economic development and employment opportunities, so as to provide everyone with equal career development opportunities. Due to adjustments of global manpower resources in 2019, the ratio of locally hired supervisors was 68.05%, an increase of 1.26 percentage points from the previous year.
- Balancing Employees' Physical And Mental Health: In order to promote the balance of employees' physical and mental health, the Staff Welfare Committee established the Social Club Application and Subsidy Regulations, allowing employees to submit applications to set up social clubs, upon the condition that 12 employees have agreed to join the club. In 2020, organized foosball competitions, table tennis matches, soccer matches and other sports events were organized to encourage employees to participate and there are Dragon Boat Festival rice dumpling packing rice, Winter Solstice rice ball making, and other festival celebration activities, so that employees can release their work-related pressures and maintain their physical and mental health.
- Freedom of Association: The Staff Welfare Committee has adopted the Social Club Application and Subsidy Regulations, which is disclosed on the company’s internal portal. A social club may be established if it involves legit leisure, cultural, and entertainment activities participated by 12 or more employees to encourage employees to keep fit and balance their work and leisure life.
- Employee Grievance Channel & Sexual Harassment Grievance Channel
Taiwan: HQ Grievance Channel[email protected]
China : Getac Perspective WeChat Platform
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation System: Employee remunerations are based on laws and regulations stipulated in Taiwan and China. Salary standards and extent of adjustments are not influenced by gender, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, and union membership. The Remuneration Committee periodically participates in salary surveys to examine the association between employees’ salary and welfare measures and those of the market. Every year, employee bonus is appropriated according to the company’s business performance and is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors and resolution at the shareholders’ meeting. These measures are expected to attract, retain, and motivate outstanding employees.
- Welfare System: Comprehensive welfare measures are provided and arranged by the Welfare Committee. For employees working in Taiwan headquarters, the benefits include labor and health insurance, maternity and paternity leaves (or parental care leave), group insurance, birthday and festive gifts, club funding, employee travel subsidies, employee canteen, gym, English course subsidies, and breastfeeding room. These benefits are superior to the requirements set by the Labor Standards Act. To boost employees' relations with their families and children, movie screenings are held every quarter and employees' families are encouraged to participate. Kunshan employees are entitled to maternity and paternity leaves, leave for female employees to breastfeed their babies at home, and various social insurance protection in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition to employee travel subsidies and birthday gifts, allowances based on employees' job positions are also provided.
- Parental Care Leave: The Company has complied with the Act of Gender Equality in Employment and formulated the Regulations for Implementing Unpaid Parental Leave for Raising Children, which state that employees with one year or more of work experience at Getac can apply for a maximum of 2 years of unpaid parental care leave before their children turn three-years-old. After the completion of their unpaid parental care leave, Getac will arrange for them to be reinstated and update them on the company's latest happenings.
- Retirement Plan: Retirement applications and approvals are based on the Labor Standard Act and the Labor Pension Act. In pursuant to relevant regulations, Getac files report and contributes pension to dedicated pension account of the Bank of Taiwan (applicable to the old pension system) or employees’ personal pension account (applicable to the new pension system).