Identification Of Stakeholders
Stakeholder opinions are an essential foundation for the progress of Getac Group. Apart from real-time communication and responses by each department according to their responsibilities to maintain smooth channels for feedback, the Company convenes all committee members annually, led by the Chairperson of the Sustainable Development Committee, to conduct stakeholder identification based on the AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard. In response to the revision of the GRI Standard 2021, the stakeholder identification questionnaire was modified for the year 2022.
The seven major stakeholder categories for 2022 are employees, customers (including dealers), suppliers, shareholders (including investment institutions), media, banks, and government agencies.
Material Topic Identification & Boundary Setting
Getac Group collects significant issues through communication or engagement with stakeholders on an annual basis. These issues are identified through a discernment process to understand the impacts or effects they have on operations, finances, and stakeholders. Based on this, the company formulates its sustainability development plans and goals. It follows the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) management cycle to propose response strategies and continuously improve sustainability practices and performance. In 2022, the company identified a total of 24 sustainability issues, prioritizing those with negative actual impacts. Among them, 4 were classified as directly significant, 9 had negative potential impacts, 5 had positive actual effects, and 6 had positive potential effects.
24 sustainability issues corresponding to 14 GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) material topics and one custom topic. These include 4 environmental topics, 7 social topics, and 4 governance topics. Compared to 2021, in 2022, the company has strengthened its disclosure in the social aspect by adding labor and employment relations, employee diversity and equality, and education and training as significant topics. This emphasizes the company's proactive actions in addressing positive potential impacts and aligning with stakeholder expectations, bringing more positive energy to the company.
Getac establish a systematic daily communication channel to engage with stakeholders and ensure that their perspectives on sustainability issues, both positive impacts and negative consequences, are fully considered throughout our sustainability initiatives. We constantly review and adjust our actions, maintaining timeliness in responding to stakeholders' concerns, to ensure that we uphold our commitment to sustainable responsibility.
- Customer service section on corporate website (immediately)
- Sales contract & Non-disclosure agreement(immediately)
- Telephone customer service hotline (immediately)
- Channel partner conference(periodically)
- Consumer service mailbox(immediately)
- Customer satisfaction survey
- Getac have completed the greenhouse gas inventory and third-party verification according to ISO 14064-1.
- Regular customer satisfaction surveys are conducted to collect customer feedback and make improvements based on the results.
- A comprehensive upgrade of the information security system has been implemented, including regular exercises on social engineering in the cyber network to enhance employee awareness of online security.
- Research and development are being conducted on PCR (Post-Consumer Recycled) materials for product casings.
- Customer Service Global Customer Service Center Lawrence Sung
- Email：[email protected]
- Supplier visit (immediately)
- Supplier procurement contract(immediately)
- Supplier audit(annually)
- Supplier query mailbox (immediately)
- Supplier Conference（aperiodic）
- Every year, a stakeholder sustainability issue questionnaire survey is conducted with suppliers to understand their priorities and concerns.
- An annual supplier ESG self-assessment questionnaire is conducted, and in 2022, the response rate reached 96%.
- ESG requirements are integrated into the overall procurement contracts.
- Vendor Relations Purchasing Center Joseph Tseng
- Email：[email protected]
- Performance appraisal (annually)
- Internal announcement (immediately)
- Employee meeting (annually)
- Labor management meeting/supervisor meeting/training (periodically)
- Education & Training (periodically)
- Employee consultation hotline (immediately)
- A range of open internal communication channels have been established by Getac to listen to employee feedback. A comprehensive performance evaluation system is also used at every level of management for communication and dialog.
- In 2022, employee satisfaction surveys were conducted with an average response rate of 98%. Getac's satisfaction scored 71.
- Employee consultation mailbox Corporate Sustainability Organization Development Center Andy Lin
- Email：[email protected]
- Shareholders' meeting/ investor conference (annually)
- One-on-One Investor Meetings
- Corporate website (immediately)
- Market observation post system (immediately)
- Investor query mailbox / hotline (immediately)
- Getac complies with regulations by promptly disclosing financial and annual report information. It has established an investor relations section on its official website to provide real-time consultation for investors.
- Through regular shareholders' meetings and ad hoc investor conferences, GTH communicates its operational status and future development to investors. In 2022, a total of 5 large-scale public conferences and 34 institutional physical/online meetings were held, and 13 inquiries were received via email.
- Getac also participated in the S&P sustainability assessment to enhance its ESG transparency.
- News releases (immediately)
- Press conferences (periodically)
- Spokesperson interviews (immediately)
- Posting of information on the corporate website (immediately)
- Line App Media Group (Immediately)
- The media is the bridge for transmission of information. They serve as a vital link for Getac to communicate with society. Ad hoc press releases and press conferences along with the timely disclosure of related information, Getac explains the company’s business development and targets. Public opinion is also collected for the reference of the management team.
- In 2022, total exposure in Taiwan media reached 699 times.
- Official documents (immediately)
- Regulatory meetings and training
- Ad hoc meetings and bulletins are used for cooperating with government agencies on related matters. These include attending related lectures, courses and conferences, and active cooperation with government agencies.
- In line with the Financial Supervisory Commission's implementation of "Corporate Governance 3.0 - Sustainable Development Blueprint," we have adopted the SASB Sustainability Accounting Standards Board and TCFD Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures frameworks. We have completed the ISO14064-1 greenhouse gas inventory and verification process and regularly report to the board of directors.9th Corporate Governance Evaluation.
- Received TWSE Corporate Governance Evaluation TOP 6-20% for five consecutive years.
- Government contact mailbox Legal Affairs Oliver Chu
- Email：[email protected]
- Daily business transactions (realtime)
- Annual credit limit renewal and extension (annually)
- Regular review of company bank account (irregular)
- Participation in seminars and briefings organized by banks (irregular)
- Arrangement of meetings between both parties based on business needs (irregular)
- The subsidiaries Getac have also undertaken NT$50 million in Green Time Deposits with DBS Bank (Taiwan), contributing to sustainable efforts through support for green financial products.