Since 1989, Getac (TWSE: 3005) has been providing rugged computing solutions for demanding professionals in extreme environments. Getac was established as a joint venture with GE Aerospace to supply defence electronic products.
$987 Million USD
$177 Million USD
US$41.3 Billion in Revenues (2020)
Getac is one of the key subsidiaries of the MiTAC-Synnex Group, the third-largest computing group in Taiwan, with US$41.3 Billion in Revenues (2020). Our products have passed stringent international rugged testing standards for rough handling and outdoor mobility.
Leading rugged computer providers
As one of the leading rugged computer providers, Getac offers extensive rugged computing product lines including laptops, tablets computers. Getac serves a wide range of vertical markets including military & defence, law enforcement, public safety, emergency services, utility, natural resources, oil and gas, telecommunications, transportation and industrial manufacturing.
Getac has made several technological breakthroughs that improve the performance and safety of using computers in dangerous environments including:
- QuadraClear® sunlight readable display screens.
- Night vision without goggles.
- Advanced power saving technology.
- Industry’s first resistive multi-touch display for use with gloves.
- Industry leading 3-year warranty on our fully rugged computers.
Today, we've welcomed several large customers into the Getac family:
- Baidu (China) – X500
- British Touring Car Championships (United Kingdom) – A140, S410
- Jupem (Malaysia) – V110
- VIST Group (Russia) – F110
- Leica Geosystems (Switzerland) – F110, ZX70
- ESMSA-Codelco (Chile) – F110
- Imdex (Peru) – ZX70, V110, F110
- Primagaz (France) – ZX70
- CerbAir (France) – X500, S410, MX50
- Severn Area Rescue Association (United Kingdom) – V110
- Barcelona Firefighters (Spain) – F110
- Brecon Beacon (United Kingdom) – F110, ZX70
- Rosenbauer (Austria) – F110
- City of Pueblo (United States) – V110
- InfoChamp (Taiwan) – T800
- Brabo (Belgium) – F110-EX
- Lithuanian Railways (Lithuania) – F110
- Spinelli (Italy) – F110
- Istanbul Airport (Turkey) – F110
- Digital China (China) – UX10, F110
- Remica (Spain) – T800
- Netzgesellschaft Berlin Brandenburg (Germany) – T800
- Vaillant (Germany) – V110
- Wasserwerke (Germany) – ZX70
- Coffey Alley (Ireland) – ZX70
Getac was established in 1989 as a joint venture with GE Aerospace to supply defense electronic products. Apart from the rugged computing business, Getac is also involved with the design and manufacture of plastic and lightweight metal components.
Getac is one of the key subsidiaries of MiTAC-Synnex Business Group, the third largest computing group in Taiwan with $41.3 billion dollars consolidated revenue in 2020 (USD).
1985MiTAC forms Defence Electronics Division.
1989GE Aerospace and MiTAC established Getac brand in Taiwan as a 50/50 joint venture.
1991T-series debut as the first rugged portable luggage computer with four full size expansion slots.
1992N-series launches as first rugged military notebook computer with military connectors and GPS.
1993Introduced I-series rugged notebook for heavy industrial application.
1994L-series launches as Getac's first light weight rugged portable notebook.
- Began manufacturing first A-series rugged notebook featuring magnesium-alloy chassis.
- Certified as an ISO 9001 company.
- Getac, Inc. established in California for North American sales and service.
1996CA-series rugged tablet PC launches.
1997Certified as an ISO 14001 company.
2001Compact W-series rugged notebook launches with 10" LCD display and weighted five pounds.
- Began manufacturing law enforcement rugged computer for key internationally recognized brand.
- IPO on Taiwan Stock Exchange, under ticker number 3005.
2003Certified as an OHSAS 18001 company.
2004Launch M220, Getac first 14"/15" large screen size rugged notebook.
2006Instituted green product production initiative at all manufacturing plants.
- P470 launches as Getac's first semi-rugged notebook.
- Merged MiTAC Precision Technology into MiTAC Technology Corporation to expand component module business.
- B300 launches with the word's first 1200 NITs sunlight readable display in a rugged notebook computer.
- E100 launches as industry's lightest 8.4 inch fully rugged tablet weighing just 1.4kg.
- PS535E fully rugged GPS PDA are launched.
- B300 rugged notebook obtains salt fog certification. [MIL-STD-810F part 509.4]
- 2nd Generation PS535F fully rugged GPS PDA is launched with altimeter and E-compass.
- Announced agreement with HP in US to supply and service rugged computers through HP's 3rd Party Solution group.
- Established Getac UK to expand rugged sales in England and Scandinavian countries.
- Acquired the stake of Waffer Technology Corp., the world's third largest Mg-Al mechanical parts manufacturer.
2010Added V200 12.1" convertible to fully rugged lineup.
- Launched S400 semi-rugged notebook--one of the most durable semi-rugged available.
- X500 ultra-rugged notebook launches with a large 15.6" high-definition display, expansion chassis and powerful processor.
- Getac X500 Fully Rugged notebook won Taiwan Excellence Awards - Gold Award.
- The PS336 handheld device debuts with Getac's pioneering Flexiconn™ technology for expanded device capability.
- Getac secures their hold in the smaller form factor space with the launch of the Z710 Android-based tablet.
- Getac launches one of the most technologically advanced fully rugged tablet with android 4.1
- Getac introduces X500 Fully Rugged Mobile Server.
- Getac announces significant upgrades to one of its flagship products – the B300 fully rugged notebook.
- Thinnest and lightest ever made - Getac V110 fully rugged convertible and F110 fully rugged tablet launch
2014Getac T800 8.1" fully rugged tablet designed for the mobile worker
- Getac RX10 10.1" Fully Rugged Tablet launched.
- Getac RX10H 10.1" Mobile Healthcare Assistant launched.
- Launched Bumper-to-Bumper, industry's leading 3 & 5 Year fully rugged warranty.
- Getac launch MX50 5.7" tablet for dismounted soldiers.
- Getac launch ZX70 7" fully rugged Android tablet.
- Getac launch A140 14" fully rugged Windows tablet.
- Getac launch EX80 fully rugged 8" tablet with ATEX Zone 0 certification.
- Getac launches Global Partner Portal with new tools for partners.
- Getac launches K120 fully rugged 12.5" tablet.
- Getac Select® Solutions launches.
- Getac launches UX10 for Utilities, Manufacturing and Emergency Services.
- Getac launches UX10-EX for Oil and Gas and Natural Resources
- Getac launches B360 and B360 Pro for Defence, Public Safety Utilites, Manufacuturing.